During a youth exchange in October 2017, a few participants were discussing about food, eating habits and importance of them in every culture. While talking and learning from each other, they realized that they would like to explore our connections through food and expand idea of intercultural learning and understanding of other cultures among youth. That’s why some Ocean Znanja volunteers that participated on the exchange initiated this idea and helped it become application for youth exchange RESPECT.
RESPECT will gather 42 youth between 18-30 years old from 7 different countries in Europe: Romania, Poland, Italy, Spain, Greece, Germany and Croatia. They will use nonformal and experiental methods during the exchange, in order to make exchange more dynamic and to make sure that participants will learn, but also have fun. Some of the methods will be: teamwork (in smaller and larger teams), discussions (in group and pair), learning by doing, activity for increasing group dynamics (teambuilding, integration, trust building games), learning diary, group reflections, intercultural learning games, outdoor games, presentations about research made before exchange, simulations…
The participants expected for the exchange are: young people without or with little experience in Erasmus+ projects interested in cooking. We expect teams of 5 participants from 18-30 years old.
Stimulate intercultural understanding and practicing of intercultural dialogue among youth
1. Learning about cultural differences and different approaches towards valuation of culture through cooking and eating habit
2. Stimulating and practicing intercultural dialogue
3. Unity of youth through exploring differences and similarities
4. Practice understanding of intercultural relations
5. Giving space to youth for dialogue with youth from different cultural environment
6. Informing about possibilities of nonformal learning through Erasmus+ programm
7. Creating space for sharing ideas, opinions, and way of thinking among youth
All costs for accommodation, food, taking part in the program, including costs for travel up to 275€ will be covered from the Erasmus+ program. There is a participation fee in amount of 50€.
If you want to know more details check out the Infopack
If you want to apply fill out the form bellow!