NaturKultur e.V. in cooperation with Legambiente Toscana from Italy are having a call for EVS volunteers:
EVS – THINK GREEN!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: First come, first served!!!
All the activities of the project are planned respecting the main themes of our organizations: scientific environmentalism, sustainability, protection and respect for natural and cultural heritage, a “green approach” to life, circular economy, active citizenship and participation.
The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
– strong motivation to take part to the project and real interest in our activities
– flexibility and adaptability to different kind of work and location
– willingness to meet new persons with different cultures and backgrounds
– interest in education of children and young people
– tollerance and team spirit
– ability to networking with other volunteers of other organizations
– reliability and willingness to learn
– creativity and initiative
The project will involve a total of four volunteers for eight months and will take place in different places of Florence and in Tuscan countryside. All activities of the project will be related to environmental issues, rural development and active participation in the community at local, national and European level.
The volunteers will take part in two different contexts: one is the office of Legambiente in Florence and the correlated activities in the city (campaigns, events, EVS promotion); another one is the rural context of Tuscany countryside (parks and protected areas managed by Legambiente).
The EVS team will contribute to preserve nature and environment through an ecological and sustainable approach and will promote a dialogue and a cultural exchange within the local community. The idea of this project is to educate volunteers to be able to transmit eco-friendly lifestyle, discovered during the EVS project.
For these reasons, our perfect volunteer profile requirements the following features: strong motivation for the project and its topics, interest for the activities, flexibility to adapt to every situations, interest in children’s education, spirit of collaboration/cooperation.
Volunteers will be involved from Monday to Friday in the activities, but, if necessary, they will work also during the weekends, always respecting the two free days.
During first month volunteers will attend an Italian course in order to improve the language and to permit them to familiarize with local culture.
Then, they will start the activities, the main of which are:
– organization and implementation of the main campaigns of Legambiente Toscana (Spiagge e Fondali Puliti, Piccola Grande Italia, Goletta Verde, Puliamo il Mondo, Festa dell’Albero).
– environmental education at school: volunteers will help in the planning of educational paths for every schools and they will take part in meetings with classes.
– work camps at Bioparco “I Frignoli”: volunteers will work and live for some weeks in a park in Lunigiana, mantaining green and protected areas and organizing activities for visitors and tourist.
– work camps at Regional Park of Maremma: volunteers will work and live for some weeks inside the park, cleaning and monitoring the beach and giving information to the tourists.
– exploration and monitoring of natural reserves
– organization of events, language tandem and info days to promote the European Voluntary Service and the Erasmus + program.
– training and seminars about environmental issues
Some activities request a light physical effort (i.e. conservation of green spaces, maintenance activities); on the other hand some activities request organization and communication.
The project will form volunteers to use their knowledge and personal skills to reinforce their ability in team working. Volunteers will also have the possibility to develop their own project and their new ideas in order to improve their skills and competencies.
The methods for developing these skills are informal and non-formal learning adjusted to the needs of the volunteers: supported by tutor and mentor, Legambiente Toscana will use group sessions, peer education and discussions and useful methods to grow up their personal, educational and professional profile.
Their ability in management and leadership will be strengthened through the participation in decision-making processes.
Accommodation and practical arrangement
Volunteers will live all together in an apartment in Florence, the costs fully covered. Besides this, each of them will receive monthly food money, pocket money and transport according to . Also travel costs will be refunded. Furthermore, for each activity, the Organization will provide the suitable equipment, if necessary.
Interested applicants should fill in the application below and attach their CV to it.
After our review of the applications, we will make short list of candidates for interview. All applicants will be informed about the results.
We are go interviews with the short listed candidates.