Take action, combat hate speech! Not sure how? Join this Training Course in Struga and find out!
Location: Struga, Republic of North Macedonia
Dates: 15 – 24 April, 2019
In 2013, the Council of Europe launched the No Hate Speech Campaign with the aim to reduce the levels of acceptance of hate speech and to support active involvement of young people in the process of fighting it. Since then, several political steps have been taken to tackle hate speech online and offline. Unfortunately, hate speech is not declining but rising across Europe. It is up to us to change that!
The main goal of this project is to develop specific competencies of youth workers in the area of social inclusion. A specific focus will be put on how to combat hate speech, both online and offline.
The objectives are:
- To develop the participants’ knowledge in the area of social exclusion, discrimination and hate speech and encourage sharing lessons learned across participating countries;
- To raise competencies of the participants to effectively fight social exclusion, discrimination and hate speech in their countries and to contribute to creating social inclusive societies by implementing activities raising awareness of young people, including young people with fewer opportunities on hate speech;
- To increase the abilities of the participants to effectively use media tools in the process of fighting social exclusion, discrimination and hate speech and raise media literacy skills among young people;
- To strengthen participants’ competencies to create and implemented campaigns fighting hate speech in their communities and contributing to fighting social exclusion and discrimination targeting especially the most vulnerable groups – Roma, LGBT, refugees, and migrants;
- To increase the competencies of participants in teamwork, leadership, communication, conflict management through participation in various non-formal based activities in intercultural settings;
- To strengthen the knowledge of participants about the Erasmus + Programme, especially Key Action 1, and to provide an opportunity for the participants to brainstorm and work on the development of new project ideas.
The Training Course brings together youth workers from 13 different European countries: Portugal, Macedonia, Finland, Spain, Denmark, Greece, Slovenia, Latvia, Italy, Germany, Romania, Croatia and Poland. (Please note that NaturKultur e.V. is sending only participants who are residents of Germany. If you are a resident of the other participating countries, please apply to the partner organisations (more information on partners can be found in the infopack)
You can apply, if you are:
- at least 18 years old
- a resident of Germany
- active in youth work
- interested in the topic of social conclusion
- motivated to develop concrete media tools and actions to combat hate speech and create a more inclusive society
All costs for food and accommodation are covered by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275€. There is a 30€ participation fee.
More information can be found in the Infopack .
We look forward to receiving your application – just fill the form below!